About Our CandlesOur candles are made in Australia using top quality candle supplies. There are a few different glass options to choose from and these are available while stock lasts. Booby Traps holds no liability for the misuse of candles. Please carefully read the safety care instructions below.
Candles are meant to be enjoyed, but it is important that you follow some common sense safety rules when burning them.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep.
- Follow the 2-foot rule - don't place a burning candle within two feet of clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
- Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans and any air currents. Any form of air current can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminish the scent throw and even decrease the burn time.
- Trim the wick to 5mm each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Place candle holders on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax.
- Always read and follow manufacturers' directions for use and safety, and extinguish a candle if the flame gets too close to the candle holder or container.
- Place burning candles at least 10cm apart from one another.
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight.
- A candle should not be burned for more than four hours at a time.
- Do not burn the candle if the container is cracked, chipped, scratched or damaged in any way.
- If the candle is burning correctly, it should be constant (not flickering), teardrop shaped and upright.
About the fragrances