General Sewing Classes
General sewing classes run for 2. 5 hours. Our general sewing classes are currently on hold for a few months and will resume later this year.
General Sewing Classes
Are you a beginner? Or maybe you have started a sewing project that is too difficult for you to finish? Sometimes people just enjoy the social aspect of getting together each week and creating their own professional looking garments.
If you are any of the above these are the classes for you! These classes are not only informative and educational but students always have heaps of fun!
Students who have done workshops with Booby Traps and need refreshers are also welcome to come into these classes and do more specialised work.
Where Are the classes?
All classes and Workshops are held at Booby Traps Headquarters:
North Shore Business Park, Unit 25, 1-3 Jubilee Avenue, Warriewood
Email: [email protected] Phone: (02) 8411 1984
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to workshop start times to set up your sewing machine. (This does not apply to general sewing classes)
About the classes
Students must bring their own projects to General Sewing Classes.
Classes are limited to a maximum of 6 students.
- Sewing Workshop and/or class fees must be paid in full to ensure your seat is reserved.
- Fees are for tuition only and do not include materials required. Booby Traps stock a range of stretch fabrics, thread and haberdashery available for purchase. Please be aware, we are focused on providing fabrics for lingerie and swimwear and have limited non-stretch options available.
- Students are required to bring their own sewing machines. If this is not possible, rental machines are available upon application and must be booked online. Please note: the rental of machines does not include thread and bobbins remain the property of Booby Traps. Machine needles are provided, but if broken must be replaced at the cost of the student.
- Sewing supplies required: pins, scissors (fabric and paper), machine needles (stretch included), hand stitching needles, thread, unpicker and notebook and pen.
- On occasion we may need to cancel a class if the minimum required number of students is not met. In this instance as much notice as possible will be given and fees may be transferred to another class of your choice. We would appreciate notice in advance if you are unable to attend a class. Where possible we will attempt to re-book the class. On occasion, times may be difficult to re-schedule and the student may have to wait for a suitable time.
- It is advisable for full day workshops students to bring their own lunch as the nearest food available for purchase is a short drive. Tea and coffee are provided.
For any other queries click here
Moulded Cup Conversion Chart
This chart is to be used as a guide only as fit is dependant on the product you are making and the individual. Boost cups may require a 1 size increase
Bra Conversion Chart
Size Conversion Chart